Sometimes inspiration comes from the least expected places. I have been travelling a lot for work in the last couple of weeks, and I ended up in the departure area of same Heathrow terminal two days in a row. Just like many of us I expect, I am not a fan of aeroport or plane food. But this time I was quite surprised with my findings at EAT. They have a lot of nice fillings soups to chose from, and quite tasty I have to say.
One of them was the inspiration for this Moroccan style soup, that is filling enough to be your lunch or dinner!
What do you need? 1 courgette – 2 carrots – 1/2 cup frozen green peas – 2 tomatoes – 1 cup red lentils – 1 cup white quinoa – 1 tsp raz-El-hanout (or to taste) – 1 tsp cumin – 1/2 onion – 1 clove garlic – 1 litre vegetable stock – a pinch of chili flakes – 1 tbsp olive oil
How to make it?
1. Chop the garlic and onion, cook in the Thermomix for 5 mn, speed 1, 100C, with a little olive oil.
2. Cut the courgettes in 4 lengthwise then slice them. Chop the carrots in thin slices. Chop the tomatoes into small cubes.
3. Add all the ingredients to the TM bowl except the peas and the chili. Cook for 25 mn, reverse blade, speed 2, 90C.
4. 5 mn before the end, add the frozen peas and chili flakes.
5. Serve hot sprinkled with some fresh coriander