Night out in Brixton and Clapham with the girls yesterday … Good times!! But of course the morning after always hurts, and – I was told – more and more so as you get to the dreaded 30’s! One more year to go for me so I better up my game for my last year of “light” hangovers.
Nothing better than a big stack of pancakes to recover though! And this version is vegan and GF too … though you would never guess!
What do you need? (For 8-10 pancakes) 100 g rolled oats – 100 ml rice milk – 100 ml almond milk (or any other combination of plant based milk) – 2 tbsp flax seed meal – 1 tbsp sunflower oil – 1 tbsp maple syrup – 1 banana – 3 tbsp baking powder
How to make them?
1. Put your rolled oats in your Thermomix or other food processor to make oat flour.
2. Add all the other ingredients and blend until you obtain a smooth batter.
3. Oil a pan and wait until the pan is hot (i.e. the oil sizzles) before you start cooking the pancakes.
4. Spoon 1/2 cup of batter in the pan. Cover with a transparent lid and leave to cook for 1-2 mn then turn and cook another 30 sec to 1 mn. I find the lid very helpful as it enables for the top part of the pancake to not remain so liquid and makes it easier to flip your pancakes. Repeat until you finish the batter.
5. Make your stacks of pancakes, cover with some nuts and maple syrup and enjoy in your PJs in front of a girl movie!