March has been a busy month for me and I am struggling to keep the pace! Wedding planning is in full swing with less than 2 months to go before the big day, not a single day passes without having to do something wedding related. I should have gotten married on a deserted island, with only 2 witnesses and sent the pictures to the fam as a souvenir. I also started a new job this month and found out most of my projects were due while I will be on honeymoon so will have to work extra hard to have it all done before the wedding, which is just what I needed.
With all this the blog has come down the priority list I am afraid. But this great salad should help giving me all the energy I need to get through the upcoming weeks! The flavours are really mild and citrussy, and though it works great at lunch or side dish, this one is actually a breakfast salad. The recipe comes from a family friend who takes the time to make one for herself every morning.
Ingredients (4): 1 small courgette – 1/2 fennel – 1/2 avocado – 3 clementines – a bunch of fresh mint – a bunch of fresh parsley – a handful of dried figs – fresh ginger – lemon juice.
How do you make it? It is basically a lot of chopping..
1. Chop the courgette and fennel thinly. Add into a large salad bowl.
2. Peel the clementines and cut them in to small pieces. Keep the juice. Add the clementines and the juice to the salad bowl.
3. Cut the avocado into small pieces and rub them with some lemon juice so they don’t lose their colour. Add to the salad bowl.
4. Chop the dried figs into pieces the size of raisins and add to the bowl.
5. Chop the mint and parsley finely and add to the bowl.
6. Grate a bit of fresh ginger into the salad bowl, to taste.
7. That’s it, toss your salad and add a bit of olive oil if you wish.