We received the best housewarming present last week : a week’s groceries from Wholefoods. Such a nice and useful gift! Thanks Rob! Our fridge is now packed with gourmet food (at the time of this post, most of it is actually gone…).
On Sunday we have been dining on a selection of great cheeses: mild and sharp gorgonzola, taleggio and a wonderful truffle cheese, with Italian red wine. All of this in front of a classic mafia movie, Goodfellas. Perfect move-wine-food pairing!
And earlier this week-end we used our mussels to prepare this simple but delicious pasta dish. Check out the recipe below!
Ingredients: 400 g linguine – 2 tbsp olive oil – 2 large garlic cloves, chopped – 1 tbsp fresh basil – 1 tbsp fresh parsley – 2 fresh tomatoes, diced in bite-size cubes – 15 cl white wine – 500 g mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- Cook pasta in medium pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, mussels and white wine; stir 1 minute then add diced tomatoes. Simmer until mussels open, and discard any that do not open.
- Add basil and parsley and stir some more.
- Drain pasta and add to the mussels, then stir some more so the pasta soaks in the juices.
- Take the pasta from the skillet and divide between 2 shallow bowls. Top with mussels and sauce.
- Serve with the rest of the white wine you used for cooking (I hope you used a good one !)