I think I cracked the secret recipe this time! I am now on an all homemade frenzy, and breakfast at home is all made from scratch: jams, peanut butter,spreads, bread…The Nutella was a tough nut to crack but I think I finally got it, thanks to a secret ingredient that brings out the hazelnut taste even more.
I have started my Nutella experiment with this easy 3 ingredient chocolate-hazelnut spread. That was delicious, but not exactly the same as Nutella in terms of texture, and the taste was a bit different too.
I also wanted to tackle a big issue with Nutella: it becomes tough as a brick when you leave it in the fridge..which is not a problem for a product full of preservatives, but my version would need to be stored in the fridge at least once open.
So here it is, my version of Nutella, with no palm oil (and actually not much oil at all) and a secret ingredient!
200 g milk chocolate with whole hazelnuts
Or 100 g good milk chocolate and 100 g blanched hazelnuts.
75 ml semi-skimmed milk
2 tablespoons hazelnut syrup
2 tablespoon vegetable oil ( with a neutral taste)
1. Mix syrup, chocolate and hazelnuts 20 seconds/speed 10 in your Thermomix (or in a blender)
2. Add the milk and oil and mix 10 more seconds, Speed 7
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and the lid with a spatula (you would not want to lose a drop of this, would you?)
4. Heat at 50 degrees, speed 2 for 3 minutes
5. Mix once last time at speed 10 to make the spread nice and smooth
6. Fill jars and store in the fridge.