You know how sometimes biscuits and sweets can scream “Eat Me Now”? They call you from inside the cookie jar, and there is nothing you can do to ignore them. Even with the music full blast and all doors between you and the kitchen closed and locked, you know will end up freeing them from the darkness and offer them a nicer place to stay: in your tummy. (And eventually on your hips, but that is another story. )
Not that this will help me get in shape for the holidays, but thanks to my sister and her great birthday present idea, I can now make cookies that say “Eat Me” in style. This way I am sure I am not the only one hallucinating talking cookies…and I have a better chance that someone else will get to the biscuit box first, and eat them before I do.
Zest of one organic lemon
100 g sugar
350 g flour
150 g butter
2 spoonfuls poppy seeds
3 medium eggs
A pinch of salt
1. Grind the lemon peel and sugar until fine. About 10 seconds/Speed 10
2. Add all the other ingredients and mix 10 seconds/Speed 5 or until it forms a nice homogeneous dough.
3. Take the dough out of the Thermomix bowl and shape into a log. If the dough is too sticky add a bit of flour and work the dough until it does not cling to your fingers anymore.
4. Preheat the oven at 160 C.
5. Spread some flour on your kitchen counter and roll ou the dough, then cut into shapes. And stamp them!
6. Bake for 20 mn on a tray lined with baking parchment.