Thank you Mimi, from Chef Mimi Blog, for nominating me for my first star for Blog of the Year 2012! I’m quite honored, especially since my blog is still in its first year.
Chef Mimi Blog is written by Mimi, whose life has focused on food and cooking for a little while..and that’s great news for us readers (and eaters). She has a lively blog, with delicious recipes, well detailed and explained with pics..yum!
I am delighted to receive this award, it’s the kind of thing that keeps you going. Sometimes I feel like Julie in the movie Julie & Julia, who is wondering if anyone besides her mother is reading her…and that’s exactly when an award perks you up!
I also love discovering new blogs, by myself or through these awards. And this is just the occasion to thank those whom I enjoy reading and who inspire me everyday.
The rules of the award are:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ award, a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
2. Write a blog post and tell nominate blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ’Blog of the Year 2012 Award’
and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
5. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
So here are five of my favorite blogs. I am sorry I did not change much the list since the “Sunshine Award”..but there has not been much time for me to explore since then..I am hoping to find new hidden jewels quite soon!
Bam, from Bam’s Kitchen – Cooking international dishes for her hungry teenagers, she’ll make you discover the world through food!
Seth and Jenn from Home Skillet – A couple of funny foodies, exploring the big world of cooking
Snix from Snixy Kitchen – Making wonders in a tiny tiny kitchen while revising exams
Jen from The Scrumptuous Pumpkin – Healthy and delicious meals..for people and dogs, as she has a cute beagle puppy, also featured on the blog. Reminds me so much of my own when he was younger.
Cuminseeds – Great gluten free recipes, and I love the format: a collage of the recipe, and a collage of the place that inspired it, mostly London.