Since I bought a small table to put on my balcony, Monday nights have become my traditionnal girls nights : inviting friends at home and chat around a glass of wine. It is also a good way for me to test new recipes on trusting guinea pigs…until now, it never turned out too bad. So on Mondays, I like to pass by the supermarket to seek inspiration.
This time, some king prawns have been calling my name as I was making my groceries. Of course I could not resist and as I was driving back home, I was already mentally reviewing the contents of my fridge to see what I could prepare with them. And that’s how this Land & See Tagliatelle recipe was born!
– 200 g fresh tagliatelle
– 16 king prawns (I bought them cooked but unshelled)
– 250 g button mushrooms
– 15 cherry tomatoes
– a bunch of parlsey
– a half glass of dry white wine ( I used the chardonnay we were drinking that evening)
– a clove of garlic
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Wash & cut the mushrooms in thin slices, removing the stalk. Cut the cherry tomatoes in two.
2. Gently fry the garlic clove in olive oil ( 1-2 tablespoons) but don’t let it brown.
3. Add the prawns and let them cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. In the mean time, put the water to a boil, so it will be ready when you want to cook the tagliatelle
5. Add the mushrooms to the prawns and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. When the mushrooms are almost cooked, add the cherry tomatoes, the balsamic vinegar and the white wine. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
7. While the prawns & mushrooms finish to cook, put your tagiatelle for 3mn in the boiling water
8. Serve the tagliatelle in 2 plates, pour the prawns & mushrooms on top, and sprinkle with parsley (I like when there is a lot, but that’s just me)