Here is a second recipe to conclude our Liege syrup theme! This time for those of us with a sweet tooth.
I agree baked apples are not really a summer treat, but they are one of my favorite desserts..so the hell with seasonality!
Here the syrup make the filling of the baked apple, mixed with some over ripe apricots (ripe apricots or apricot sauce would work too)..and that is all there is to it, only 3 ingredients and almost nothing to prepare.Plus it tastes like a cake, but is made of almost only fruit: the ideal dessert!!
– 4 apples to bake (yellow apples are good)
– 4 very ripe apricots
– 4 tbsp Liege syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C
2. Remove the center of the apples (there is a specific gadget for that, but it works with a simple knife too)
3. Squash the apricots with a fork and mix in the Liege syrup
4. Stuff the apples with this mix and cook in the oven for 45 mn
5. Enjoy hot, as is or with vanilla ice cream