Summer is there and though it is still a bit cool, I decided salad time has arrived!Time to take it easy! I cook less fancy stuff in the summer, since it is enough to toss together a few good things, sit outside and enjoy. Not much work to do, only chose the best ingredients you can find!
For this salad I simply mixed together the following ingredients:
– 200 g farfalle (or any other short pasta but I think farfalle are the prettiest)
– 100 g fresh fava bean
– 1 mozzarella di buffala
– 70 g canned corn
– 150 g cherry tomatoes
– a few leaves of basil
– a drizzle of olive oil & lemon
1. Cook the pasta with the fresh fava beans for 7-8 mn & let them cool down while you prepare the rest. I suppose I won’t offense anyone if I don’t explain how to cook pasta (?).
2. Cut the mozzarella in cubes, the cherry tomatoes in two and mix together with fava beans, pasta and corn.
3. To make the sauce, mix together 4 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp lemon. Add shredded basil, salt and pepper. Add the sauce to the salad just before serving. You can eat as a meal, or as a side during a cook out.
As easy as pie…if not more, right?
Do you have any favorite salad recipe you’d want to share? Which salad is your best summer companion? Please share a bit of your summer with us!