I have been trying to make my own yoghurts for a while, but unfortunately still haven’t mastered the skill (though I don’t give up!). In the mean time, to make these creamy homemade yoghurts, I have been eating a lot of the industrial ones, ironically..because it was the only way I found to get a hold of glass cups I could use to make the self made ones.
For two weeks now I have been mistreating the glass cups, filling them with my failed experiments. I thought it was time to give them a break and remotivate them by using them to make these express exotic individual crumbles.
When I make crumbles I actually make much more crumble dough than necessary and then I keep it in the fridge or freezer in small bags. In case of emergency can always cook some fruits in the microwave, cover with crumbles and put in the oven for 10mn for an impromptu dessert. If you do this, you’ll always have a dessert at hand, almost ready to serve!
For the dough you would need:
– 50 g soft butter
– 100 g flour
– 50 g brown sugar
And for the fruit part:
– 1 mango
– 1 cube (5mm*5mm) fresh ginger
– 1 tbsp agave syrup (or honey)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C
2. Place the flours and brown sugar in a bowl and mix well. Taking a few cubes of butter at a time, add them to the mixture and rub into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Peel and cut mango and apple into cubes or slices. Reserve in a glass or plastic bowl. Grate the ginger on top, and add the agave syrup or honey. Then mix this all together and put in the microwave for 2-3mn until the fruit get soft.
4. Fill the glass cups with the fruit mixture and then add the crumble dough on top.
5. Put in the oven for 5-10 mn until the dough takes a nice brownish color.
6. Enjoy warm with some vanilla ice cream or double cream..yum!