The last few weeks I have filled my cupboards with: silicon cannelé tins, a siphon bottle, two new silicon baking tins and a few cute dishes and bowls for pictures…this HAS to stop!
Now is time to make good use of what I have before I get to buy more. In the following recipe I use the siphon bottle: I love this thing, it makes everything nice and fluffy!
1 granny smith apple
1 cube ginger (5*5cm)
2 sprigs of mint
5cl olive oil
10 cl colza oil
4 salmon fillets (120 g each)
Fleur de sel & freshly grounded pepper
1. Peel and unseed the apple. Peel the ginger root and cut it into small cubes. Strip the leaves of the mint. Set the oven on grill position.
2. Mix the apple, the ginger, the mint leaves with the olive and colza oil. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Filter the mixture and pour it in the siphon bottle and close it. Add a refill of nitrogen dioxyde in the siphon bottle and let sit in the fridge.
4. Cover a baking tray with greaseproof paper and lay the salmon fillets on it. Sprinkle with fleur de sel & pepper. Grill in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
5. Serve the salmon with the apple sauce on the side. Zucchinis would make a nice side dish for this recipe.